The Herd Weekly News

Lydia Christian

Kenzie Huber, Yearbook Staff

Recently I had the opportunity to sit down and talk with one of the kindest people I know, Lydia Christian. Lydia, along with the rest of the 2018 senior class, will be graduating this upcoming spring. After high school Lydia will be attending Adrian college with one of her best friends Allison Ashurst, to play volleyball. According to Lydia, she is “so excited to play college volleyball with one of her best friends.” Lydia then continued to tell me about how she believes it will be a great experience, although she is sad to leave all of her friends when next fall rolls around. If anyone knows Lyd, they probably also know about one of the many sticky situations she finds herself “stuck” in, well more specifically her car. When asked what was going through her mind when she got her car stuck in the mud, sand, snow, and water, she responded by saying the first thing that ran through her head was how it was a bad idea. She questioned herself about why she put herself in those predicaments, and also about why she thought her car could go through all of it. But, all in all Lydia doesn’t regret a single moment, she thinks they turned into great stories that she can now share with her friends. One thing I admire most about Lydia is how much she loves her friends. Lydia describes her friends as “rays of sunshine to her day”. She loves them from the bottom of her heart, and she believes that she has always been there for them, as they have for her.